LiDAR technology in practice - Terrestrial LiDAR survey
- Great for small areas - where high accuracy and lots of detailed measurements are required.
- Speed of acquisition - capable of gathering millions of points in a typical survey session. This means that complex surveys can be completed much more quickly with terrestrial scanners compared with conventional survey techniques
- Accuracy – laser scanning can produce deliverables with a 1-2mm accuracy
- Safer – with a scanning range of hundreds of meters, surveyors can work remotely, away from hazardous locations
- Cost – quicker, more accurate surveys means reduced cost and less need of further survey work